[hackerspaces] pay-what-you-can

Mitch Altman maltman23 at hotmail.com
Tue May 17 20:52:10 CEST 2011

More deets on Noisebridge:
We have two membership levels, both with exactly the same privledges and responsibilities:
     Standard Membership:  $80 per month
     Starving Hacker Membershipe:  $40 per month
But since even $40 per month is a lot for many people who contribute to Noisebridge, you do not need to be a member, or to give any donations, to do anything at Noisebridge (even to have your own key).  But we do have donation bins all over the place, and we have T-shirts and drinks and food for donations as well.

This system has worked very well for us.  Our monthly expenses are $5,000.  And since we started 3 years ago, we've received more each year than we spend.

Mitch.