[hackerspaces] Removing non-hackerspaces from the hackerspaces.org list?

Dave Menninger dave.menninger at gmail.com
Mon May 9 18:41:12 CEST 2011

There are two ways to remove an entry from the list of hackerspaces on
hackerspaces.org.  1) Delete the article.  2) Remove the article from the
Hackerspace Category.

We are talking about a wiki here, so feel empowered to edit it!

= Deleting the Page =

Only Administrator users can delete pages on hackerspaces.org.  You can find
the list of Administrators here:
http://hackerspaces.org/w/index.php?title=Special:ListUsers&group=sysop  (
There are 10 of them. )

<http://hackerspaces.org/w/index.php?title=Special:ListUsers&group=sysop>So
just convince one of those people to delete the page or figure out how to
become an Admin yourself.  ( What is the process by which Users can become
promoted to Administrators? )

Perhaps hackerspaces.org should maintain an ongoing list of "Articles for
Deletion" a la Wikpedia ( see:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion ) as well as a
public Deletion Policy (see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:DEL ).

= Removing the article from the Category =

A much easier route would be to re-write the article in such a way that it
does not use the Hackerspace Template and therefore does not become a member
of the Hackerspace Category.  Try forking the Hackerspace Template into a
new Template called "Co-working Space" or some such thing.  Make the new
template identical to the old one except exlcude the part that adds the
article to the Hackerspace Category.

Or even easier, just re-write the page using no templates at all.  Then the
article in question will no longer appear in The List of Hackerspaces.

~Dave