[hackerspaces] Promotion Ideas Help?

Roland von Kurnatowski III rtavk3 at gmail.com
Sun May 8 23:43:35 CEST 2011

Howdy, checking in from TX/RX Labs the Houston hackerspace.
We have started a series of classes at the space for May,June and sadly the
response we got hasnt been great, we still have time to promote but were
hoping some of the more experienced people here would have advice on how to
get to reach people seeing as I have noticed many classes at the other
hackerspaces have done quite well.

We have ~13 classes and they are all very reasonably priced, we have
experienced people teaching and have put up ~1000 flyers and done
twitter/facebook/forums/meetup posts not to mention hit ur email list etc.

Tried to get press attention and did get a stpry in the local free press
magazine and some time on the tech show on our local npr affiliate.

Any other ways to get the word out you experienced people know of?

Thanks in advance!

--
-Roland