[hackerspaces] Removing non-hackerspaces from the hackerspaces.org list?

Adina Bogert-O'Brien adina at thinkhaus.org
Fri May 6 18:21:31 CEST 2011

IMO, companies that don't self identify as hackerspaces or makerspaces that
are using the list are just spammers. They might be nice spammers who we can
work with in the real world, but they're still spammers.

This isn't about pushing one definition of hackerspace on the world, it's
about, um, actually using the definitions people give themselves.

Ratings does seem like a reasonable way to deal with this.

I don't know. This is all a discussion about the feel of a space and what
makes it a hackerspace. This is the sort of thing that's probably impossible
to define and difficult to discuss, though I think it's worth having at
least a discussion about the geography of what's out there.

Instead of hijacking this thread, I think I'll start a new one :)

-Adina