[hackerspaces] [hackerspaces-announce] synthetic biology crashcourse

Sung won Lim 4phlebas at gmail.com
Tue May 3 23:53:10 CEST 2011

Hi all.

Genspace, a biotech hackerspace in NYC (of which I'm a member of) will be
holding our synthetic biology crashcourse starting this Saturday the
seventh. One of our members, Oliver, will be teaching people how to
genetically engineer e.coli strain k-12 to act as a biosensor to stimuli
from environment like radiation and produce programmed output. There will be
lecture/discussion sessions for the theories and practices of synthetic
biology but the emphasis will be on getting people into the lab and working
with living things.

This is our second synthetic biology course for the public, and so far we
haven't gotten too many people from the hackerspace communities. I really
want to fix that for this course. If anyone's interested feel free to shoot
me an email.

-sung