[hackerspaces] food hacking maliling list non fuctional - help please!

Frantisek Apfelbeck algoldor at yahoo.com
Wed May 4 23:56:00 CEST 2011

Hi guys,
Can somebody find out why is this mailing list not functional?

I've signed twice at least already and it is giving me an error message that I'm
not signed therefore I've to wait for moderator approval.

When I tried to contact admin of the list I got another error message from
google groups that the admin probably doesn't exist.

So now I've send the email below to many people, made a wiki and I'm stacked
because the mailing list is out of service. Any suggestions? I'm leaving
tomorrow morning for Ireland and I'll be off line for a while so I need to sort
this latest by tomorrow morning - meaning in 9 hours or so. Or find and
alternative functional mailing list.

Thanks a lot for your help,

Sincerely,

Frantisek

Food hacking base founded at CCC Summer Camp!  (Please distribute widely!)

Greetings Everyone!

We are very happy to announce the creation of a Foodhacking Base at the 2011 CCC
Camp this August 10-14.  The Foodhacking Base will be part of NeighborCamp, the
village hosting the Hackers on a Plane trip.  To feed the folks travelling with
HoaP, we’ll have a well stocked and well equipped kitchen.  Now to plan how
we’re going to use it the “hacker way”!

My role is to get cool people participating in this endeavour. So if you like
cooking, fermenting, distilling or any one of a million things related to food
and beverages, please get in touch! I'm already finishing the design of the
kitchen and first list equipment list to have a basis for discussion.  Once the
show starts, I'm responsible for making sure everything goes nice and smooth and
on budget. I'll be cooking and fermenting a lot, leading some of the shifts and
workshops on every day basis.

Your part?  Be creative and think of something :-)) Otherwise come and join us,
have fun, do some really cool food hacks, nice and simple (we are still missing
the go go dancers for the party :-)) gender doesn't matter after twelve no one
cares!).

So here is the project wiki page and mailing list, sign for it, bookmark it or
just pop in!

https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Food_Hacking_Base_CCC_Summer_Camp_2011

See you all at CCC,

Sincerely,

Frantisek

(Please distribute to any foodhacking or hackerspace lists you know of so we can
get as many folk involved in planning as possible!)

PS A bit more info.

The deal is that we have a decent budget for equipment and ingredients. Our goal
is to prepare food for the roughly 40 Hackers on a Plane (plus guests) at in the
NeighborCamp village during the camp. In addition on 11th we will prepare party
dinner for “whole camp”. There will be buffet style food at least three times
per day, preferably 24/7, with plenty of vegans options all the time. That is
what we get, that is what we give.

I'm now opening the project to discussion, hopping that people will step up and
we will be able to make this event really rock and roll. I'm enclosing a list of
activities which I would love to see happening within the food hacking center,
please do add what ever you would like to be doing and we will see what happens.

I can imagine that we will split the day in shifts and there will be around 6-8
people on the shift, so we can take it easy and have a fun.

I should mention that the Hacker on the Plane group is budgeting 10 EU per day
per participant for food, so if you are eating with us you should consider
contributing in cash or supplies. Nobody will be turned away, but please discuss
alternative options with me in advance if money is an issue. I'll do my best to
have some great free food and beverages for helpers, give me some time to
negotiate there :-))

Have a great time and I hope to see many of you in the kitchen or at least
popping in for some treat.

Sincerely,

Frantisek Algoldor Apfelbeck