[hackerspaces] Data on women in technology, a 10 question census.

Far McKon farmckon at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 15:32:15 CEST 2011

On Mon, Mar 28, 2011 at 8:28 PM, Greg McGuire <greg at nesit.net> wrote:
> I'm just curious, where's the topic been bouncing around?

I've had a bunch of individual discussion on it. I guess I was
assuming other folks have or had too. Bad assumption maybe.

Participation of women in open/source and hacker culture is at a lower
rate (8-10%) than in commercial and professional software (10-15%) If
anyone wants the hard stats, let me know and I can dig up the paper (I
don't have it handy).

There are some people researching this* too.

- Far

*http://comminfo.rutgers.edu/directory/christdh/index.html