[hackerspaces] Synchronous Hackathon Challenge: Create a promotional video for your hackerspace!

P psytek at alphaonelabs.com
Tue Mar 8 05:04:09 CET 2011

Dear Hackerspaces,

Based on feedback from the callin (http://hackerspaces.org/wiki/Call-in/2011-03-06) yesterday, this month's synchronous hackathon challenge is:

To create a promotional video for your hackerspace!

The videos should be about 5 minutes or so and enter the public domain no sooner or later than the weekend of the hackathon (March 19-20th)

For more information and to signup, visit: http://hackerspaces.org/wiki/Synchronous_Hackathon/2011-03-19

This month we'll be using a new application during the hackathon.  http://convore.com/hackerspaces/ It is like persistant threaded IRC with notifications.  Give it a try now if you'd like.

In addition to Convore we also have the Hackerspace matrix which shows all webcam streams next to each other.  I've updated it to pull in all ustream links from your hackerspaces.org profiles and only display spaces which are broadcasting live along with the name.  The new link is http://alphaonelabs.com/matrix.php

Thanks, good luck and if you'd like to suggest a hackathon challenge that can ideally be done in 2 days, please add it here: https://www.google.com/moderator/#16/e=5d114

Regards,

psytek

P.S. Also discussed on the call-in was: http://hackerspaces.org/wiki/LAN_Party - A formal announcement should be coming soon.