[hackerspaces] That one person...

john arclight arclight at gmail.com
Wed Mar 2 18:32:53 CET 2011

Another way to help this problem is for other people to take some
initiative. Your friend certainly has a lot more justification for
taking control of everything at the space if nobody else is stepping
up. Get some people to take on a new project, hold a weekly/monthly
meeting of some kind with a bunch of people. Strong personalities can
often be "diluted" down by the presence and action of more people.

If they don't like new people doing the cleaning and shelf building or
decide that the Linux meeting with 20 hackers is too loud, then, they
might also decide to move on if it's that disagreeable to them. And
sometimes that's what an organization needs to grow.

Arclight