[hackerspaces] hacker passport, international hacker memberiship, resources sharing

john arclight arclight at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 20:41:29 CEST 2011

There seems to be a de-facto process, at least with us.

1. We get an e-mail that says "Hi! I'm a hacker from out of town. I'm
going to be in <your city> on <this date>. Can I come hang out?

2. We get an e-mail that says "Hi! I'm a hacker from out of town.
<Person that you know> said you guys are cool and that I should come
by your space. Can I come hang out?

3. We get an e-mail that says "Hi! I'm <person you know from mailing
list X>. Can I come hang out?

Yes, we're talking unauthenticated SMTP communication and unverified
references. But we have yet to experience a problem from someone
referred here by any of these ways.  I'm probably more open to letting
folks crash here overnight if I already know them or have good
authority on them, but I can't see any situation where I'm going to
turn them away from hanging out with us.

Arclight