[hackerspaces] Hackers, Makers and Teachers: A Hackerspace Primer (Part 1 of 2) « Andrew Richard Schrock

Charlie X Wallace charlie at finitemonkeys.com
Thu Jul 28 20:14:26 CEST 2011

Most of us didn’t really care for the article.  clap trap like this :-

“Members of hackerspaces are also quick to point out that you can’t repair
anything now. If your TV breaks, it’s so cheap and complex that it’s often
easier to simply replace it “

It's more that people got lazy  and lost the skills or want to do it, its
easy to break out the wallet than the knowledge. I'll fix your damn tv all
day long, as long as you don't turn up with, hey I'm too lazy to do this,
will you do it for me  ( true story )

charliex - Null Space Labs http://032.la