[hackerspaces] Bloominglabs Open House - July 23rd

dosman dosman at packetsniffers.org
Thu Jul 21 16:54:01 CEST 2011

Greetings everyone!

To celebrate our new location (with 1000 square feet!) we are having an open house July 23rd from 10am to 4pm. Our new space is located at 3927 W. Roll Avenue, Bloomington Indiana (USA). This event is open to the public, everyone is welcome to come. There will be grilled food and plenty to drink. We will also be having plenty of activities going on:

Build area where you can make speakers or build a water rocket
Soldering station with beetlebot parts (build a robot in an hour!)
Water rocket launching
Twinkie launchers
Soap molding - make your own plastic form and then cast soap in it
Flight Simulator on a projector

Two Free Arduino workshops:
	• One class will be 11am to noon and one class will be 2pm - 3pm.
	• Classes are limited to six people each. These are first come, first serve and there will be a sign up sheet in the space on the day of the open house. Make sure to get there early to get a seat in the class.
	• Who should attend: People who want to learn how to get started using the arduino board. Attendees will learn
		• How to get the arduino software
		• Where to order a board
		• How to connect the board to the computer
		• The very basics of electronics to learn how to connect LEDs to the board
		• The very basics of programming to write a small program to flash the LEDs.
	• The class attendees will be using a computer so basic knowledge of Windows and typing skills would be required. Kids are welcome but they should be at least 10 years old.
	• Attendees are not required to bring anything and will leave with a hand out of material of the class.
	• Questions about the workshop? Contact jsissom at bloominglabs.org

Other questions or comments? Feel free to reach us at contact at bloominglabs.org

See you there!

-dosman