[hackerspaces] Do your spaces have a theft problem? How do you deal with it?

Agent 5 ag3nt5 at dc401.org
Wed Jul 20 15:23:45 CEST 2011

We've not had theft issues from our members or neighbors, at The Brain Tank,
due to a generally good environment and. However, a proper coin operated
Soda Machine might be a good idea for you. I've found them for free on
Craigslist in the past. You also could setup one of the webcams you still
have as a deterrent.
We don't record video but our RFID Access Control System requires you swipe
when you enter and leave. Protocol states you are responsible for lost items
if they take-a-walk under your watch. We can always go back to the log to
check. RFID is a very good idea for it's ability to audit.

-Dave Johnson