[hackerspaces] A Survey for Hackerspace members about their involvement (second time)

Jarkko Moilanen Jarkko.Moilanen at uta.fi
Sun Jul 10 23:20:15 CEST 2011

Hi,

Survey results (part one) can be found from:
http://extreme.ajatukseni.net/2011/07/10/peer-production-communities-survey-2011/

I will continue digging the data and post another blog entry later
this summer.
If someone wants to do own analysis from data, link to raw data is
included in the blog post.

Thanks again for participation!

Cheers,
Jarkko

Quoting Jarkko Moilanen <Jarkko.Moilanen at uta.fi>:

> Hi,
>
> This is just a friendly reminder about the hackerspaces survey,
> which will close at 30th June. There's still some time to
> participate. So far 167 hackers have participated. That is awesome,
> thanks! Yet, the amount is still behind last year's participant
> count (207). Survey details below.
>
> Cheers,
> Jarkko
>
> Quoting Jarkko Moilanen <Jarkko.Moilanen at uta.fi>:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> As I promised a while ago, I will do the above mentioned survey
>> again. The first survey was conducted about a year ago. Results can
>> be seen here:
>> http://extreme.ajatukseni.net/2010/07/19/hackerspaces-members-and-involvement-survey-study/
>>
>> I edited the form slightly, but no major changes were made. Last
>> year 207 hackers participated the survey. Hopefully this time more
>> hackers will participate. Survey will be open 16-30th June 2011,
>> which leaves you 2 weeks time to answer it. Results will be posted
>> to above mentioned blog this summer. The raw data from this survey
>> will be made available for everyone else too for further use. Link
>> to data will be provided in results blog post.
>>
>> Your help would be needed: if you can (and see fit) spread the
>> word, please do.
>>
>> Survey can be found from here (hopefully the links works):
>>
>> Short URL:
>> http://bit.ly/jD1nAg (link to Google Docs form)

>  Jarkko Moilanen (phone: +358 46 640 XXXX)
>  M.Soc.Sc. (Political Science)
>  PhD Student, Information studies, University of Tampere
>  Blog: Extreme activities in cyberspace - http://extreme.ajatukseni.net/

  Jarkko Moilanen