[hackerspaces] A New Hacker Has Joined Your Party!

Chris Hardee shazzner at gmail.com
Thu Jan 13 23:21:15 CET 2011

Excellent point though I think the argument shift a bit from integration
with the local community to "what is a Hackerspace?".

I think hackerspaces have hacker activism inherent to it's purpose, without
needing to declare it as such. Education, copyrights, patents, hoarding of
knowledge, etc are all challenged at a hackerspace daily.

Which makes integration to the community all the more important. By becoming
part of society, society itself is challenging these barriers.