[hackerspaces] Accounts of Hacker Spaces at Museums and Such Spaces?

B F bakmthiscl at gmail.com
Tue Jan 11 18:56:52 CET 2011

Nate,

I'm interested too, but let's do it under this new subject line.

I was just reading stuff here:
http://hackerspaces.org/wiki/Design_Patterns
and think I may have encountered something of some relevance -- but of
course I can't find it now.

I have done volunteer blacksmithing work with a group running a living
history museum in a state park.  That put two administrations over the
head of the blacksmith guild chairman, neither of which was
particularly interested in the technical problems of blacksmithing.
It was a real problem.

However, there should be two differences with a hacker space under
InfoAge:   1) I am experienced with the potential problems that could
arise, and 2) People at InfoAge are ALL very techie people and I
expect that there will be considerable, if bemused, interest in hacker
space projects.  The museum itself could give rise to such projects.
I think it may prove to be a good match.

I look at this location as an excellent possibility, but I, for one,
would consider alternatives in this area if it didn't work out.