[hackerspaces] Trying to get the word out to hackers in Monmouth & Ocean Co. Area, New Jersey -- E Street Hackers

B F bakmthiscl at gmail.com
Mon Jan 10 19:06:11 CET 2011

We're trying to found a new hacker space in southeastern Monmouth
County, to serve the Monmouth & Ocean County, NJ, area (and anyone
else willing to make the trek).

The proposed site is the InfoAge facility at the former Camp Evans
site of Ft. Monmouth.  Space has not yet been secured, by any means,
but once we get a critical mass of interested hackers, we'll work on
that.  The advantage of choosing this site is that it may prove to be
very inexpensive, if we are willing to support the goals of the
InfoAge museum (www.infoage.org) -- which strikes me as not only
easily possible, but probably fun.

We're aiming for a truly eclectic hacker space.  I'm a chemist with
some experience in blacksmithing and related arts.  We have a computer
historian on-board already, with probably more to follow.  We'll be
surrounded at InfoAge with people with a profound knowledge of
electronics, ham radio, radio history, military communications,
computer history (that's as in old, working computers), and even scuba
diving.  See www.infoage.org for more information.

So, if you are interested in helping found this new hacker space
PLEASE RESPOND, preferably by joining our Yahoo Group: