[hackerspaces] Start a Kickstarter for Your Laser Cutter Today

bre pettis brepettis at gmail.com
Mon Feb 7 18:15:50 CET 2011

I will also donate on kickstarter to any hackerspace wanting to get a
lasercutter. I recommend getting a non-chinese knockoff brand. Get the
biggest one you can afford!

It would be a nice sell if your hackerspace could also say something like,
"we've pulled together 8k and need another 12k."

At NYCR, we had 20 people become LAZZZOR investors and each put in between
500 and 5000 dollars to get 20k together and get a nice epilog 35 mini and
blower system. We charged for use of our laser until the money was paid back
to the LAZZZOR investors. If I could go back, I wish we had bought the 120
watt 24x36 machine...

It really is a wonderful tool! (It also is the reason we were able to create
MakerBot)

Bre

MakerBot Industries
http://makerbot.com