[hackerspaces] Start a Kickstarter for Your Laser Cutter Today

Koen Martens gmc at sonologic.nl
Mon Feb 7 12:16:45 CET 2011

On Mon, Feb 07, 2011 at 02:17:56AM -0500, tetsu yatsu wrote:
> https://www.kickstarter.com/start
>
> Now I may just be high off sublimated acrylic fumes, but I love our lab's
> laser cutter and I want everyone to have this chance. I cut out 15 Hudson-CI
> logos to entice people at my work to buy into continuous integration, 8
> stupid keychain things, and I couldn't help but fill the sheet with little
> rockets that say 'derp' on them. Now I have 2 dozen 'derp' rockets. And I'm
> cutting out a big wooden Github Octocat made by our member JohnBentCope,
> which my girlfriend thinks is adorable, and was a big hit at the MagicRuby
> conference.
>
> I want everyone to have a laser cutter.
>
> If you start a kickstarter for getting a laser cutter, I will donate.
>
> There's the link. Doesn't cost anything. Just do it.

Yeah, one snag: one needs a US bank account for this. So for us europeans
this is less practical. Believe me i've considered it after enjoying watching
your unboxing stream :)

We might be able to get around it by finding a hacker space willing to lend
us their bank account, but you get into the whole exporting of money thing
then as well..

Gr,

Koen (gmc)