[hackerspaces] Mesh network specs

Todd todd at cruxtech.net
Wed Dec 28 20:15:56 CET 2011

The only reason to go with expensive hardware for the backhauls is, I am
expecting a lot of signal loss and reflection because chicago is an
urban area, and I want to pick hardware with a lot of rx/tx power behind
it and if possible niceties like beam-shaping.

As for the router configs, I was planning for those to all be static IP
configurations.

I guess it would be possible to not have a captive portal and just
manually assign logins via a radius server ?

As for which protoal to use, I would like to choose whichever is the
most popular/well supported currently as programming is not my area of
expertise.
Probably  OLSR or 802.11s, B.A.T.M.A.N seems popular but i'm not sure if
it is right for this setup.