[hackerspaces] HACKING IS NOT A CRIME vinyl stickers..

Mars brown itcamefrommars at gmail.com
Mon Dec 5 21:58:52 CET 2011

it's just a plotter / cutter setup doing cut vinyl.
It's a GBC 40" from 1996... I have a 24" also and a full color 24" ENCAD
printer for posters/stickers/printed vinyl.

I use the plotter for alot of cool uses too... like various kinds of
mechanical and chemical etch masks.
Working on media showing how that should hit instructables soon.

I know alot of people have those machines since they are so cheap now (my
big one was 7k 15 years ago EEK)
but there really are so many many things that can be done with it.

I've cut paper using a 1W laser diode in it instead of the blade ... super
cool easy x/y with a little bit of a z is what it really is.
I really use it mostly for making masks and stuff to be honest... not too
much on the sticker side anymore but it's def one of my favorite tools I
have around.

sram|mars