[hackerspaces] How is that consensus thing working out?

dosman dosman at packetsniffers.org
Tue Aug 30 17:32:49 CEST 2011

At Bloominglabs we're a mix of consensus and doit-and-notify (well more like notify-and-doit). So far that's worked ok with our group because we are all pretty tight and trust each other, but as we get bigger it will probably be less notify-and-doit. At the very least everyone is given a chance to object to major changes.

One of our members recently found something called sociocracy. It's a lot like consensus, but adds the notion of "if you don't agree, can you still live with this decision?". Which in reality is what's happening anyway, just making it more obvious.

Moar on sociocracy:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hyw0gBsDeho

-dosman