[hackerspaces] Billboards for promoting hacker culture!

Mitch Altman maltman23 at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 2 10:39:13 CEST 2011

I forgot to post this to this list. Several people from Noisebridge and Hacker Dojo, with the help of MAKE Magazine and The Tech Museum and TechShop, got enough money together to put up several huge billboards in high-profile places in the San Francisco Bay Area. The idea is:To grow maker/hacker culture. To create more visibility for our organizations. To get more people involved who will add to maker/hacker culture. To promote more collaboration amongst the orgs in on this billboard. The billboards went up a few days ago!!  They've been getting lots of buzz. I thought folks here would be interested.  We can hack billboards! Mitch.