[hackerspaces] LayerOne 2011 coming up! (USA - Anaheim, CA)

john arclight arclight at gmail.com
Fri Apr 29 21:08:53 CEST 2011

From: LayerOne Staff

Hey guys,

LayerOne is about a month away and we've been putting up a lot more
information about the conference on the website (http://www.layerone.org).

For those that don't know, LayerOne is our local security/hacking conference
a few of us locals host in Anaheim, CA.

This will be the 7th annual L1 conference and there are a lot of
great new things this year. We've just finalized our speaker
selection, you can see the whole list of speakers and descriptions of
their talks at http://www.layerone.org/?page_id=85.

The conference will also feature areas dedicated to hands-on fun:

 Lockpicking Village - Learn about locks, safes, lockpicking, and
 safecracking. Get hands-on instruction, mini-talks, and workshops from
 real G's like Schuyler Towne, Deviant Ollam (author of Practical
 Lockpicking), Jon King, scorche, and datagram. More information at
 http://www.layerone.org/?page_id=105

 Hardware Hacking Village - Learn about electronics and blinky lights.
 This year's badge is a PCB that can be worked on in the HHV to turn it
 into a fully functional synthesizer! The many NSL projects, such as
 the Cylon and the AnnaLogic will also be available to those who want
 more projects to work on. More information at
 http://www.layerone.org/?page_id=109

 Contests - To go with the above areas, there will be a badge hacking
 contest and a number of lockpicking contests sponsored by TOOOL USA
 and Locksport International. Datagram & Jon King will be hosting a
 Tamper Evident Contest that deals with defeating "tamper proof" and
 "tamper evident" technologies; products that are designed to be
 bulletproof against surreptitious entry, modification, or removal.
 More contest info at http://www.layerone.org/?page_id=45.

 NSL is playing a big part in L1, with most of the staff being NSL
 keyholders and all of the hardware hacking equipment and volunteers
 coming from NSL. We hope to see all the rest of the NSL members there,
 and we'd also love to see members of the other hackerspaces in the
 area attend and join in on the fun.

 You can pre-register for the conference at
 http://www.layerone.org/?page_id=87. Pre-registration is $100 USD, and
 it will be $140 at the door. Save money and register now! Members of
 LA2600 and NSL can get a 20$ pre-registration discount, see MMCA or me
 for details.

 Let me know if you have any questions, and feel free to forward this
 email to anyone you think would like to attend. We hope to see you all
 at L1 2011!

 TL;DR:
 Layer One Security Conference
 May 28-29, 2011