[hackerspaces] BrainSeeker.org - new site from HTINK!

Eric Moore eric at htink.org
Thu Apr 7 18:43:45 CEST 2011

Hello Hackerspaces!

HTINK is proud to announce nation wide availability of the new
BrainSeeker tool in the US.

http://www.brainseeker.org/

BrainSeeker is a tool for hackerspaces to discover what local students
want to learn, and advertise classes in their area.

When people enter a zip code within your area, they will see any
events you have listed in the tool first. Then they will see topics
people want to teach or learn, and are able to register interest in
topics.

Once more than 15 people register interest in the same area we will
contact local hackerspaces and instructors to determine who wants to
host an event. HTINK can host the eventbrite and manage ticketing and
payment processing, or the hackerspace itself can.

Below find the general announcement, please distribute the
announcement to your local lists if you are interested in using
brainseeker to discover classes you could be offering, or advertise
events you already offer!

Thanks!

-The BrainSeeker Team

BrainSeeker.org - new site from HTINK!

HTINK is proud to announce the launch of our new product, BrainSeeker.
BrainSeeker is a tool that allows people to express interest in
learning new topics and attending classes. It also gives educators
access to the tools they need to provide these classes, and connects
the students to the instructor.

http://www.brainseeker.org/

We are launching BrainSeeker in the US. Log on to www.brainseeker.org
to enter your zip code and request classes in your area. We will
connect with local hackerspaces, community centers, schools, and other
education-friendly venues to find or create the classes you want.

For potential students, BrainSeeker is a way to request classes that
you would like and also think others may be interested in. Other
seekers, or potential students, will see the class title, and can
express their interest using BrainSeeker. Once the idea generates
enough interested students, action will be taken to create and offer
the class.

For instuctors, BrainSeeker is a tool to see what students in your
area want to learn. Perhaps Seattle really wants classes on horology
(the study of clockwork), or maybe Detroit has a secret yearning for
classes in bioelectric systems. If you are an expert in a highly
specialized field and have always wanted to share your knowledge,
BrainSeeker is the tool to use to discover these opportunities.

For spaces and venues that hold classes, BrainSeeker can be a revenue
opportunity and a way to provide meaningful services for the
community. HTINK is always seeking viable spaces to host events, and
classes that attract a large number of participants can be an
important part of paying the rent. We appreciate the role spaces play
in providing a place for people to grow, and BrainSeeker is our way of
offering support and partnership.

HTINK Cooperative Inc. is the recently completed merger of Stem2Gether
Cooperative Inc. and HTINK LLC. A cooperative social enterprise,
HTINK's mission is to provide educational opportunities and support
educators. We provide event coordination, professional development for
school districts, and logistics for classes, workshops, and corporate
events.

For more information, please email info at htink.org.