[hackerspaces] bitcoin

Jaromil jaromil at dyne.org
Thu Apr 7 12:30:51 CEST 2011

re all,

On Wed, 06 Apr 2011, Justis Peters wrote:

> On 04/05/2011 05:29 PM, Yves Quemener wrote:
> >If you don't know what bitcoin is or dismissed it like I did one
> >year ago because it looked like a pyramidal scheme, look again.
> This is exactly why I dismissed it. Can you make a further case as
> to why we should look again?

just yesterday i've managed to enter an high profile 2k entrance fee
banker's conference together with my friend Genjix, also a bitcoin
developer.

it was fun because i've also dismissed bitcoin a year ago, mostly
considering it a "Rube-Goldberg" machine for consuming electricity, as
some online article calls it. but then with this occasion i've had the
chance to see the reaction of old-world bankers to bitcoin, as well to
look better into its code and implications.

the result is this article, hope you like it:

http://www.dyndy.net/2011/04/bitcoin-presented-to-the-old-world/

where i've done my best to formulate all the thoughts i've gathered so
far on this technology. feel free to spread around, might be
interesting to revamp the discussion on slashdot, after a while...

ciao

--
jaromil,  dyne.org developer,  http://jaromil.dyne.org
GPG: B2D9 9376 BFB2 60B7 601F 5B62 F6D3 FBD9 C2B6 8E39