[hackerspaces] bitcoin

Jamie Schwettmann jamie.schwettmann at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 11:41:10 CEST 2011

... It also doesn't make sense to cap the number of bitcoins at 21 million.
That's an artificial limit on the system just as much as suddenly dumping
millions of them in to compensate for hoarding would be an artificial bloat
to the system.

We're humans living on Earth, and that fact isn't going to change for a few
billion years, or until we extinct ourselves or colonize elsewhere,
whichever comes first.  So long as Earth continues to turn, the moon
continues to orbit, and the sun continues to shine, the natural currency --
energy -- will continue to increase in availability on (and around) Earth.
Any currency system artificially out of step with that natural
damn-near-constant increase in locally available energy will result in
irreconcilable hoarding, speculation, inflation, and crashing.

That's my $0.02.  It used to be worth something, but now I'm not so sure.

- Jamie

----
brinkofcomplexity.com
tw: brink_0x3f