[hackerspaces] Bring OpenAMD location tracking to Camp 2011!

aestetix aestetix aestetix at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 08:31:34 CEST 2011

Hey,

I'm writing on behalf of the OpenAMD (Attendee-Meta Data) project, an open
source location tracker and social networking system. You may have seen it
installed as the RFID badges at the two most recent HOPE (Hackers on Planet
Earth) conferences in New York City, as well as Sputnik in previous years of
Chaos Communications Congress (CCC) in Berlin.

This year, we're bringing the project to CCC Camp 2011 (10-14 August), and
we need community support. We're using a kickstarter (
www.openamd.org/kickstarter) to raise funds to pay the costs to fabricate
the badges, and handling the rest of the costs at our own expense. You can
use the kickstarter to pre-purchase a badge, which guarantees you will get
one at the Camp. We are also running a limited number of "Neighbor" badges,
which lets you show everyone how neighborly you are!

Support the project by backing it, tweeting about it (follow our @openamd
twitter account), and even blogging about it. We have lots of information
we'll be releasing about the project as we get closer, and we'll update the
twitter feed with links, photos, and videos. We're happy to answer any
questions people might have. The more questions you ask, the better our
answers can be! And yes, we'll release all the data after the conference.

I'm including a link to a flyer that you can print out and post up on the
wall of your hackerspace and pass out to people you think are awesome.

Hail Eris,
aestetix

Kickstarter:
http://www.openamd.org/kickstarter