[hackerspaces] Hackerspaces Manual

Greg McGuire greg at nesit.net
Mon Apr 4 17:14:38 CEST 2011

Hello All,

So one morning about 2 weeks ago at about 1:30AM EST, psytek and I came up with the idea to create a sort of, manual for hackerspaces.  Included in this were to be updates to the design patterns as well as just a zip file full of useful templates for the start of your space, membership documents, promotional fliers, etc.  Well, by 2 hours later we had already gone beyond what we had originally planned and started creating projects, concepts, debates, events, and other things inside the manual.	A day later we were very off task from our original goals but going in a very good direction so we stuck with it.

Now the two of us have slowed down and have covered everything we put in the outline on day one.  We've talked about the outline of this manual on IRC a few times and I know that one or two other people other than us have looked at it and modified it, but we're looking for more input and to get the ball rolling on taking it from the outline stages and making it into an actual manual.  With that said, the outline can be found at https://docs.google.com/document/d/1X3dhkW4VXzs56QsfMd9iUj8k0Tv8gl1Pnqu4-aq17ug/edit?hl=en and we encourage everyone to read it over, add comments, and make changes. Furthermore, if you want to create anything referenced in the outline that would be awesome as well.  While 2 of us originally made this document, it's something that, in my opinion, all of us should be a part of.

I've also taking the liberty of creating a shared DropBox folder so that if people already have files created that they want to share than we can just throw them into that and everyone will have them.  If anyone is interested in joining this DropBox let me know and I will add you.

That's all I got.

--Greg from NESIT--

Links:

Hackerspace Manual Outline: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1X3dhkW4VXzs56QsfMd9iUj8k0Tv8gl1Pnqu4-aq17ug/edit?hl=en