[hackerspaces] April Synchronous Hackathon

Robert Fitzsimons robfitz at 273k.net
Mon Apr 4 11:02:52 CEST 2011

The April Synchronous Hackathon [1] will take place over the weekend of
the 16th and 17th of April.  All spaces are invited to participate and
allow there members and visitors to hangout and work on projects over
the weekend.

Following on with our series of monthly challenges I'm announcing the
Energy Efficiency Challenge [2].  The goal of this challenge is to
improve the long-term energy efficiency of your space.  Find methods to
reduce your spaces energy needs; reduce/remove phantom energy devices,
improve your insulation, recover waste heat, fit energy efficient
lighting, replace that old server with something more efficient,
anything goes.  When you've finished create a blog post about your
findings.

Robert

1. http://hackerspaces.org/wiki/Synchronous_Hackathon/2011-04-16
2. http://hackerspaces.org/wiki/Energy_Efficiency_Challenge