[hackerspaces] OT: Edinburgh

Far McKon farmckon at gmail.com
Fri Sep 3 19:30:04 CEST 2010

OT:
I'm curious/interested about the non-hackerspace spaces on the website
too. I wish they were labeled better, or flagged somehow.
There are 2 examples right here in Philly,  There is also NextFab
It's a commercial Fabrication shop where you can get a 'membership'
(like TechShop)   And The Hacktory, which does class, but has no
membership model (or members?) and seems to be more of an arts
organization at this point.

I think we need to list those places, but I wish we had a way to flag
spaces that are core' *vs non-core** in the list.

My picky $0.02.
- Far

* in my view  this is  not-making-a-profit, member-owned and/or
memmber-run, memeber elected officers/board, key-access for members,
and with some community outreach
** in my view commercial or for-profit, trust-fund funded,  corporate
or college run, arts-groups, totally-private, etc.

http://www.Hive76.org  "Making things awesome,  making awesome things!"
http://www.FarMcKon.net "Creatively Maladjusted"