No subject

Mon Oct 4 12:36:23 CEST 2010

of rules and regulations people can abide by. Though, it seems at odds
with the openness of the general hackerspace mentality.

As an organization we do not want to be dictating rules at every turn,
but over the year Buffalo Lab has been operating.. questions about
rules and what is allowed has come up repeatedly. We have resorted to
signs around the space stating DO and DON'T but that can't continue
forever.

What have other hackerspaces done in regards to disseminating rules to
members? Is it generally on a case by case basis, or do other
hackerspaces have a set of rules that all members are aware of.

Lastly, enforcing rules seems to be the hardest part of all. Partly
because of timing, rule enforcers cannot be at the space 24/7 and not
all members are comfortable confronting people. But also how is
fairness handled? Do people use a 3-strike rule or zero-tolerance
policies?

I know I asked a lot of questions, and some might be answered by
looking at another space's rules, policies or aup. I quickly scanned
through the websites of various hackerspaces and did not find many or
any public membership agreements to speak of. So if anyone does have
one, that would be a huge help.

Thanks, Matt