[hackerspaces] where do you buy electronics components and tools?

Nate Bezanson myself at telcodata.us
Tue Nov 2 20:43:09 CET 2010

Has nobody mentioned DealExtreme and KaiDomain yet? Rivals, these two
sites both carry a strange selection of components and tools. DX is where
I get all my high-power LEDs, which I've never had a problem with, but
many of their other products are junk or worse. Some EL-wire I just
ordered, for instance, was actually clear plastic tubing with an LED in
one end. Still, worth doing for many items.

Shipping takes about two years, I swear. Maybe it's only three weeks but I
still forget placing the order, so when a package arrives it's like a
surprise gift! "Omg! Who bought me a bunch of card readers, rj45 couplers,
and a tube of thermal adhesive? That's exactly what I need; how
thoughtful!"

-Nate-