[hackerspaces] where do you buy electronics components and tools?

RGB blippo at gmail.com
Tue Nov 2 18:53:37 CET 2010

Jeff,

here in Slovakia (Slovak Republic) I personally got the most of
electronic components from GM Electronic (www.gmelectronic.sk) - a
company with HQ in Czech Republic (www.gme.cz) and from Conrad
(www.conrad-international.com) - Germany based, but operating accross
Europe seamlessly. GME has actual store here in Bratislava not far from
my office, so I can stop by with my shopping list and need not to wait
for post. Conrad is shipping from Germany via parcel service...
I have also tried DigiKey, but the package from US ended at the Customs
Office where I had to explain the content so I prefer EU shipments :-)

There are also others (I got many online-shops when I google
"elektronické súčiastky"="electronic components" in Slovak language, but
I do not know nor use them).
Richard