[hackerspaces] Hackerspace legal formation and insurance

Carlyn Maw carlynorama at gmail.com
Sun May 23 16:36:03 CEST 2010

Yeah,

My understanding is that a DBA doesn't give you any protection at all - at
least it doesn't in CA

CRASHSpace is currently an sCORP and we have another 20 or so months to
decide to roll it into a 501c3 or not. A lot of that depends on what
direction the members want to take it in. We have insurance through State
Farm.

I briefly looked into the Fraternal Order route and it seemed a like a
status that would require crazy documentation to acquire and like it
provided limited benefits. But I could be wrong. I'd love to hear what you
find out.

Best
-- Carlyn
-- CRASHSpace.org