[hackerspaces] hackerspaces meetup? / 2 video linked conferences?

Georges Kesseler georgeskesseler at yahoo.com
Sat May 22 09:26:12 CEST 2010

I have been doing video chat with H261 (the codec included with old vic)
about 10 years ago and it was quite fluid.
http://mediatools.cs.ucl.ac.uk/nets/mmedia/wiki/VicWiki
I hope with H264 this should be possible with a decent screen size and
frame rate over today's classic DSL.
So you don't need huge bandwidths for sending mainly a static picture of
an office with ~3 people moving around.

Ekiga supports H.264 and up to SD quality (which I think is enough for
the beginning and costs less to implement).

Georges