[hackerspaces] hackerspaces meetup? / hope and 27c3

Koen Martens gmc at sonologic.nl
Tue May 18 17:13:43 CEST 2010

On Tue, May 18, 2010 at 04:56:24PM +0200, elmar lecher wrote:
> I think we should aim at a bigger conference and meet there. I think
> either hope or defcon is a good place in the states and ccc 27c3 is a
> good place here in europe.
>
> Lets just pick one of those days.
>
> I can understand most organizers want to have it on their cons, but i
> dont think its a good idea to pick a too small conderence.
>
> You would not want to need to show up on cons like the
> metarheinmain-chaosdays or the Gulasch-programmier-nacht (which are both
> awesome conferences but i doubt you want to fly over the pond for that.)
>
> I think a lot of new hackerspaces need to know that this is not a
> american only thing.

Ha, i was mostly ignoring this thread exactly for that reason, but accidently
looked at this message..

27c3 is probably a good event, as we proved at 26c3, there's a lot of
hackerspaces represented. Enough to do a ddos attack on a restaurant
and have to loadbalance the requests over two restaurants :)

Gr,

Koen