[hackerspaces] Fwd: [Robotgroup] Power Racing Series (PPPRS) at Maker Faire: Detroit

Bryan Bishop kanzure at gmail.com
Fri Mar 26 16:36:49 CET 2010

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From:  <jameschoate at austin.rr.com>
Date: Fri, Mar 26, 2010 at 10:22 AM
Subject: Re: [Robotgroup] MAKE:

Here's some other activity that might be of interest...

Hello!

My name is Jim Burke.  I'm a Director-at-Large of Pumping Station:One,
a hackerspace in Chicago, Illinois.

We are hosting an inter-hackerspace event called the Power Racing
Series (PPPRS) at Maker Faire: Detroit on July 31st and August 1st,
2010. This event consists of hackerspaces from around North America
heavily modifying Power Wheels ride-on toys to compete in a series of
events that include a race, a soccer match, a tug-of-war, and a
special surprise finale. Teams will be asked to make their vehicles
capable of achieving all these tasks.

This event is part of a larger event called the Hackathlon. Imagine a
pot-luck where hackerspaces submit and organize events for other
hackerspaces to compete in. The Hackathlon will be a hackerspace
olympiad, in which members of all hackerspaces at Maker Faire: Detroit
can meet together in friendly, face-to-face competition to share their
creations and skills.

Attached is our PPPRS Team Packet with information about rules,
resources, and deadlines. You can visit our website
www.powerracingseries.org to read more information about PPPRS, and to
sign up.

If you have any questions about PPPRS or the Hackathlon, please get in
touch with me at burkedesign at gmail.com.

Happy Hacking,
Jim Burke

---- The Robot Group <robotgroup2006 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I just got this in...
>
> Greetings from MAKE magazine! We just launched a really neat Robot
> Contest and thought you may be interested in participating! The goal
> of the contest is to build a "CoasterBot", a mini robot development
> platform using CD/DVD media as main components.
>
> Join MAKE readers, authors, and editors, in this fun Robot Build! The
> Grand Prize winner receives $500 cash, a free Bay Area Maker Faire
> ticket, and the winning robot will be featured at the Bay Area Maker
> Faire!
>

> Here is a preview of the Make: Robot Build Newsletter which is full of
> great tips, tricks and building ideas!
>
> To sign-up for the Newsletter and for more information on the Robot
> Build visit: http://makezine.com/robotbuild/

 -- -- -- --
Venimus, Vidimus, Dolavimus

jameschoate at austin.rr.com