[hackerspaces] Now I am totally depressed...

john arclight arclight at gmail.com
Wed Mar 3 18:57:35 CET 2010

I suppose it's a combination  of the rise of the "information economy" and
the pussifying of America. (Although this could also apply to most other
rich countries).
Folks are encouraged to specialize more and more, and taught to avoid taking
hands-on risk and responsibility for things.

One of my old Popular Mechanics has on the cover "Build an electric arc
furnace and melt asbestos!"  Not likely to happen now.   Might burn down
someone's house or something.

I cringe every time I see a man with a flat tire standing on the side of the
road talking into a cell phone instead of fixing it.

Arclight