[hackerspaces] Would you like to speak on the Hackerspaces Panel at the Next Hope conference?

Nick Farr (hackerspaces.org) nick at hackerspaces.org
Fri Jun 4 16:04:42 CEST 2010

I'm putting together another panel of Hackerspace members similar to
the "All Your Excuses are Invalid" talk we did at The Last HOPE two
years ago and I'm looking for a few more participants!

The focus of this panel is on growth, expansion and getting there.
Several spaces that ramped up since the last HOPE panel have expanded
in terms or membership, launched successful startups and moved into
larger spaces.  Other spaces have been the second or third to launch
in their area.  The panel is entitled "Hackerspaces Forever" and will
present strategies and success stories from the leading Hackerspaces
of the world.

As you can see below, we need more NON-EAST COAST Hackerspaces in the
US, as well as non-US/EU spaces.

Each speaker will have approximately 5 minutes to describe their space
and answer a question I pose, similar to last time.  The panel should
be fast paced and relevant to anyone involved in building or
participating in a Hackerspace today.

If you're interested in participating, please e-mail me OFF LIST with
your Name, Space, and a one sentence bio.  Current participants
include:

Mitch Altman (Noisebridge, San Francisco, USA)
Mitch likes to trick people into doing what they love to do

Nick Farr (HacDC, Washington DC, USA)
Accountant, Johnny Appleseed of Hackerspaces Worldwide

Johannes Grenzfurthner (hackbus.at, Metalab, Vienna, Austria)
Writer, artist, director, DIY researcher

Alexander Heid (HackMiami, Miami, USA)
President, HackMiami and Co-Chair of South Florida OWASP

Matt Joyce (NYC Resistor, Brooklyn, NY, USA)
Once Banned from HOPE, twice spoken at HOPE

Far McKon (Hive 76, Philadelphia, USA)
Co-Founder of Hive76, Instigator of weird and interesting projects, and a ginger

psytek (Alpha One Labs, Brooklyn, NY, USA)
Inventor and engineer currently building a Flying Saucer at Alpha One Labs.

--
Nick Farr / http://nickfarr.org / 8B13F204
Washington, DC, 20013-1208