[hackerspaces] GeoRSS for list of hacker spaces

elf Pavlik perpetual-tripper at wwelves.org
Fri Jun 4 11:26:35 CEST 2010

>> There is planet.hackerspaces.org , but I don't think it's geolocation
>> aware... just an agregator.
>>
> *** Indeed, but the wiki has the location info.  We probably can use
> that.  George, have you ever tried the GeoRSS extension to wikimedia?

Just to clarify, at this moment I would just like to have access to the
list from http://hackerspaces.org/wiki/List_of_Hacker_Spaces in a format of
GeoRSS. Personally I don't need any other articles with geolocation at this
moment. I would like to use this GeoRSS feed to use it in a map (using
OpenLayers and OpenStreetMap) to have a map layer with markers for all the
hackerspaces.

I guess I could even write a small, stand alone ruby script to generate it
from the information at http://hackerspaces.org/wiki/List_of_Hacker_Spaces
and than we could just put a link to its output on this page... (parsing
out the coordinates from the javascript of this page can get little
cumbersome!)

On the other side if someone can get it with GeoRSS extension to MediaWiki
it would make much cleaner solution =)