[hackerspaces] Neato: Adafruit Industries recognizes importance (and money issues) of hackerspaces

Jens Ohlig jens at ccc.de
Tue Jun 1 11:49:56 CEST 2010

So, Adafruit Industries (who make kits as the MiniPOV or boards like the Arduino Ethernet board) have this to say on their blog:

"We made an announcement at Maker Faire and here’s the official one!

All Hacker Spaces in the world get Adafruit reseller pricing starting today. What does that mean? All Hacker Spaces around the world can get up to 40% off of our kits and breakout boards, just like our resellers do.

Hackerspaces are community-operated physical places, where people can meet and work on their projects. Many Hacker Spaces have been using our kits for workshops, for events and for running their own businesses to fund their spaces. After seeing how well this is working out for a few Hacker Spaces we’re expanding it to everyone who runs a Hacker Space."

http://www.adafruit.com/blog/2010/06/01/big-news-all-hacker-spaces-in-the-world-get-adafruit-reseller-pricing-starting-today/