[hackerspaces] Collaborative coding - lowering the entry barrier for beginning hackerspaces

Far McKon farmckon at gmail.com
Fri Jul 23 22:42:03 CEST 2010

As much as I don't like google, our stack was quick to setup and get
using/rolling/active. It took about 2 days to set everything up.

current Hive76 stack:
Wordpress Weblog
Mediawiki Wiki
google for domains for private Docs, mail, calendar mgmt (which works great)
Door access - custom astrix setup.

using google for domains, anyone can push events to our calendar via
their XXX at hive76.org email address, and can make their own posts and
events.  We also can share documents to everyone on @hive76.org
easily, and we can quickly setup forms for class info, login, etc.

I would like to switch to crabgrass or Open Atrium for tasks/etc, but
google right now is beating it on features, so I lose that argument
with our CTO, who is pretty sharp and setup most of our system. If
someone has a good non-google system with easy private doc and
calendar integration, let me know. i'd love to have some good ammo for
that discussion :)

hack on,
- Far McKon

http://www.Hive76.org  "Making things awesome,  making awesome things!"