[hackerspaces] A Survey for Hackerspace members about their involvement

Elgin Blankwater elginno at gmail.com
Tue Jul 6 15:13:42 CEST 2010

Hi Jarkko,

I'm a sociology student at the University of Amsterdam and I'm currently
writing my masters's thesis on hackers, hacker culture and hackerspaces. I
think my approach is a little different from yours, judging on your blog
posts. I don't use a lot of numerical data, but I rather use qualitative
data gathered trough being in hackerspaces.That does not mean that I oppose
using statistical data, on the contrary, as I was also thinking about
setting up a survey and mailing it to the world. But you got ahead of me :)

Therefore I'm am thoroughly interested in the results of your survey and I
was hoping you are sharing the raw data. Would that be an option? You
mention the results will be published on your blog, but do you mean an
interpretation of the data or a database file?

I'm looking forward to the results.
Best,

Elgin.