[hackerspaces] Attention All HackerSpace Safety Directors And Those Interested In Space Safety

john arclight arclight at gmail.com
Sun Jan 31 09:23:19 CET 2010

If you've never taken a class in machines tools or welding, my advice would
be to seek out someone with some experience and get their input.  Also,
there are plenty of "high school shop" level textbooks around at the library
or available used from Amazon, and they cover the safety basics pretty
well.  There are things that are specific to each machine/process (i.e.
don't leave the chuck key in the lathe, don't set the shop on fire while
you're burning with the gas axe) but most of it's common sense.

For the lathe, I can definitely recommend "How to Run a Lathe," published by
Lindsay Books.

Arclight

On Sat, Jan 30, 2010 at 6:04 PM, Ron Bean <bucketworks at rbean.users.panix.com