[hackerspaces] Attention All HackerSpace Safety Directors And Those Interested In Space Safety

Hank The Curmudgeon hkrishman at gmail.com
Sat Jan 30 18:32:08 CET 2010

Greetings All,
My name is Hank and I was just appointed by the Board of Directors of
Pumping Station: One (Chicago, Illinois) as Safety Director. The
recent threads re children and hackerspaces got me to thinking: Are
there enough safety directors or other interested parties out there to
start a new safety specific Google group dedicated to hackerspace
safety to discuss some (and more) of the following:

Safety Training
Safety Policy Review And Development
Incident Investigation and Response
Safety Information
Anything else safety related

Before you naysayers shrug this off, when it comes time for you to
renew your space's insurance policies you might find yourselves in a
stronger position premium bargaining wise, if you can show you have a
well thought out safety program.

All that being said if you are interested please post here or email me
directly at iltrng at hotmail dawght comm. If I get enough positive
nay towards group creation within the next week so speak up everyone!

Stay safe!
Regards,
Hank K.
Safety Director