[hackerspaces] Discussing/Alleviating the Decline (was: Children in hackerspaces.)

Matt Joyce matt at nycresistor.com
Fri Jan 29 22:52:09 CET 2010

Well, nycr is pretty good at forward thinking, but a lot of our members are
chasing projects outside of resistor these days.  Though there are a number
of in house projects steadily progressing.

But in august we actually went out of our way to try and reinvigorate the
space.  We called it awesome august and tried to have everyone who was a
member submit a project for the blog.  Then we hosted an interactive party
at the end of the month.

It was a terrific success.

I think we just oscillate between too much nycr and too little.  But, with
our up and coming expansion hopefully we can draw in some fresh blood and
get everyone excited again.

I expect the move will have us all amped up for at least a little while.