[hackerspaces] kids, insurances, parental control

LexIcon unpublishednumber at gmail.com
Wed Jan 27 21:43:29 CET 2010

Can you two just ignore each other, please?

Can we agree that there is no clear answer on whether children can be
given access to hacker labs without close supervision (or US hacker labs
without lots of insurance coverage)?

Can we also stop talking about this generally unless a lawyer actually
enters the conversation?

If there are specific issues, like "what is your safety policy about
children and soldering irons" that would be helpful here, but as a
larger issue you really need shop by shop policies based on legal advice
and local member consensus, and a not global hackerspace movement consensus.

- Lex