[hackerspaces] Children in hackerspaces.

Koen Martens gmc at sonologic.nl
Wed Jan 27 11:53:23 CET 2010

On Tue, Jan 26, 2010 at 04:21:46PM -0800, Samantha Atkins wrote:
> I remember some classes and activities in HS required a parental waiver and some kind of promise to hold blameless in various kinds of mishap.  I mean, what does a scout group taking suzie or johnny on a weekend campout in the dangerous woods do to keep themselves reasonably legally safe?   I doubt very much that there is just no way to be safe enough.

Well, in fact, my sister's been with the scouts for years as a leader (or whatever they're called in that particular power structure), and apparently the scout camps have been deprecating activities like building bridges from rope due to the legal issues with kids falling from said bridges or breakage of said bridges...

Sad..

Gr,

Koen