[hackerspaces] a telepresence robot in an interesting place

Far McKon farmckon at gmail.com
Sun Jan 24 18:05:59 CET 2010

Just an FIY, I'm 90% sure that's not a hackerspace, but TechShop (a
commercial 'tool gym'  in california). NextFab (a similar idea) just
opened here in Philly, and we are trying to find a way to work
together, since we are competitors in some ways, and collaborators in
others.

I'd be interested in hearing about other hackerspaces near commercial
'Tool Gym' operations are doing, and how they relate to their
commercial/closed-source neighbors. How do you work with a commercial
colleague-competitor?  How about co-working spaces near hackerspaces?
 Do you compete, or work together, or both? And if so, how much, and
on what?

hack on,
- Far McKon

http://www.Hive76.org  "Making things awesome,  making awesome things!"